squemish

Author Topic: Welcome Ground Students!  (Read 854 times)

gwarren

• Global Moderator
Welcome Ground Students!
« on: December 08, 2011, 11:22:54 am »
    Welcome PLUS Ground Students to the online platform!

To make yourself more familiar with the online format and class structure, it is recommended that you take the Knowledge Base Tutorials. There is a link that will take you to all your online course resources such as the Knowledge Base Tutorials, technical support, tutoring or software support - here is the link:
    http://www.thecampuscommon.com/plusstudents/aio

Please note - as part of the online class structure you must have ready access to a computer and have the Office package of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to complete your assignments depending on the online class you are taking.

The online venue differs from your ground class in that it is 5 1/2 weeks as opposed to 11 weeks. As a result the course is an accelerated learning environment where you will have several assignments a week with specific due dates in order to meet the requirements of the course in the shortened session. It is recommended that you take the time the first few days of the course and read through all 6 weeks of assignments to get a feel for the work load of the class. Each instructor will post the grading guidelines for the class noting what the point deductions will be for late work. Be sure to ask any questions of the course material or assignments early on in the week to assist your instructor in providing you support.

As you read through each assignment take the time to note the grading criteria for each assignment because this is how you will be graded on your submitted work. You want to be sure the work you submit hits each of the key elements listed in the grading criteria to achieve the best possible score on your assignments.

Here is some general faculty information about the online venue for you to review:
    **Faculty is required to be in the class 5 out of the 7 days in a week no two days in a row this means that they could be out of the classroom for two days.
    ** Faculty is required to respond to a question or concern from a student within 48 hours.
    **Faculty must have grades posted within 72 hours after the end of the week.

Technical Issues
    Be sure to notify your instructor immediately if there is an issue accessing your classroom through My aiCampus.com student portal and then verify the issues with technical support. Should you have any technical issues with your classroom please call or email:
    866-642-2711; campus_support@aii.edu

This phone number notes you are a ground student for technical support. If you are given a ticket number be sure to note that and forward this information to your instructor for verification.

Here are some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
    1. What type of technical assistance is available to me?
    Technical Support is available for full service seven days a week from 7 a.m. to Midnight Eastern Time for many technical issues, including:
       MyAiCampus.com username or password problems and navigation
       Gmail access
       Hardware requirements, software requirements, and computer configuration
       Operating system and browser issues
       Online classrooms, Ecompanion, or electronic file upload assistance

2. What information will I need when I call or email for technical or other assistance?
    When you call 1.866.642.2711, you will be asked to verify your status as a student. Please have your student ID or social security number available, and the representative will begin to assist you with your questions.

3. When can I expect a response if I submit an email request to Student Technical Support?
    Technical Support will respond to support emails within 24-48 hours; however, we recommend that you contact them by phone. Technical troubleshooting is more efficient if they have a chance to work with you over the phone.

4. Whom do I contact for non-technical questions or assistance?
    For non-technical assistance, please contact the appropriate financial aid, academic advising, and registration departments at your campus for assistance. Please be aware that not being able to get into an online classroom may be related to a technical difficulty or may because of difficulty in the registration process. Technical support will help to identify what the root cause is of the problem with not being able to access the classroom and will direct accordingly.

5. When are my grades posted?
    Grades will be posted within 72 hours of the end of each week. Be sure to check the Gradebook for any instructor comments.

6. What is a typical online weekly work load?
    You should expect to have 3 to 4 assignments a week with deadlines. Many of the assignments will have participation requirements where you will be required to respond to your fellow classmate's posted work.

7. What happens if I miss a deadline on an assignment?
    Each instructor will have guidelines for late work submissions. Be sure to read the announcements the first day of class and clarify with your instructor the late work penalties.

8. What happens if I have an emergency and can't do my online work?
    If you should have an emergency you should contact your advisor, PLUS Lead, and your instructor immediately or if unable have someone notify for you. Depending on the emergency your advisor will determine the best course of action as it relates to your status.

9. What should I do if I have issues with an online classmate?
    Your first course of action is to contact your instructor. Do not engage or share issues publically in the classroom. Your instructor is there to support you and will be the mediator between fellow classmates.

We understand that taking an occasional online class can be a difficult adjustment and we want you to have a positive experience in class. Please don't hesitate to ask questions of the faculty we are here to support your learning experience and success in the course.

Enjoy your online experience and we look forward to working with you in class!
    [/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:18:33 pm by gwarren »