Author Topic: Retail questions  (Read 748 times)

riger

Retail questions
« on: December 05, 2013, 11:30:50 am »
Hi

I am not a student, I am actually trying to sell my t-shirts in the states and I can't find answers for my questions using google. All the results are based on the consumer side.

So I am not sure if this is the correct place to post these questions, but I could really do with the help and would really appreciated it.

So help from those with knowledge of how the America fashion retail industry works would really help. Sorry if this is not the forum for this sort of thing. If not and you could point me to a place i could find help, that would  be appreciated.

Here are the questions:

1. When do fashion buyers start buying clothes for the spring season?

2. My stock is already in the USA, do I charge the retailers the cost of transporting the stock to them or should I just include the transports costs into the cost of the product?

3. I am assuming that I would have to ask the retailers when they would like to receive the stock?

4. What are the payment terms the retailers will expect from me?

5. As I am located outside of the US, so is my bank account. Would there be a problem with retailers transfering money to my bank account outside of the US?

6. What amount of mark up and tax is added to make up the retail price?

7. Finally, my plan is to find independent clothing stores on-line, phone them and ask to speak to their fashion purchaser. Introduce myself and my brand and get their email address. I would then send them a link to my online brochure along with an order form. Does this sound like a feasible plan?

Thanks for any help

Rian

aburnstine

• Global Moderator
Re: Retail questions
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:56:10 am »
Rian: You might want to contact the American Retail Association. They will be able to give you some help and insight.

Sabinalu

Retail questions
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 08:18:46 am »
Hi

I found that a member asked same question in this forum some months ago.

Pls use search box to find this questions with comments