Author Topic: text blowing up  (Read 2976 times)

yachanna5127

text blowing up
« on: November 05, 2013, 05:37:10 pm »
I am having a issue with my text blowing up after changing the viewport scale and or the scale in Model space. I add the new scale I want and the text immediately blows up. Has anyone else had this issue? I follow the tutorials on how to set up the text in annotative and it worked fine at first than started having this problem when I wanted to show the drawing in a different scale in a viewport. Thanks. I attached my DWG hoping someone could help me figure this out it is due tonight.

mkerdasha

• Professor
  • Socratic
Re: text blowing up
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 09:40:37 am »
yachanna5127,

When you change the scale you also change the scale of the text and so it blows up..take a look here that discusses this and I have attached a handy chart for you.&

http://heidihewett.blogs.com/my_weblog/2007/02/scaling_dimensi.html

I hope all of this helps!

lwettergren

• Co-Director
  • Socratic
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 11:32:57 am »
I just wanted to add on a little more on using the Annotative feature.  If you have more than one scale attached to the text, you will see the text size change when you change the scale in modelspace even though it should end up the same size in paperspace.  Make sure you have your text height set to the size you want it to plot, which would be 1/8" for room names and 3/32" for notes and dimensions.  I also recorded a quick demo for your reference, http://screencast.com/t/8ksCmFc0acJ.

yachanna5127

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 01:38:41 am »
Oh thank you!  I did not realized that I had the setting wrong in the properties.  I just kept trying to change the scale and add under annotation and did not realize my text height was conflicting. Thank you so much and I am passing this information on to some of my peers who were also having issues with their test and dimension heights : )

yachanna5127

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 01:41:02 am »
Thank you also Heidi for helping. I actually solved my problem for the class by just doing everything in paper space and it worked but now I can go in and fix my file. Thanks again.

mkerdasha

• Professor
  • Socratic
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 09:53:34 am »
I am glad you understand your issue now!  Thank you for using the Help Forum! :)