Author Topic: Help with Sketch up  (Read 1500 times)

Theresa Wells

Help with Sketch up
« on: December 05, 2013, 08:16:28 pm »
how do i get to see my peers work in sketch up in discussion?. Trying to get my work completed now that my computer is working again.

sjagla

• Examining
Re: Help with Sketch up
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 09:42:36 am »
Hi Theresa,
Are you having trouble seeing your classmates' work when you click on their assignment in the thread?  By default, computers don't always know which program to use to open SketchUp files.  To open your classmate’s SketchUp files, you may need to first download the file to your computer, choosing a location to save it.  Then, open the file by right clicking and choosing ‘Open With’, and selecting SketchUp.  You can choose to do this each time for the file type, while you are at it, there should be a checkbox. 

Thanks for your question!
Sheila

Theresa Wells

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 05:58:54 pm »
StaIn this assignment you will use some of the SketchUp tools you have learned from the lecture and readings. You will model several forms and gain an understanding of how SketchUp works. Some of these may be more challenging than others, but the video below will walk you through step by step.

Download the worksheet to replicate here.
Create the following shapes and forms
1’-0” x 1’-0” square
5’-0” x 5’-0” x 5’-0” cube
Rectangular prism, any size
Draw a rectangular prism and create a hole all of the way through
A square divided into four quadrants with crossing lines—each quadrant raised to a different height
Save your file as a native SketchUp file, with the extension .skp. Remember to include your name in the file name.
rting my 2nd assignment need to know how to get started.  This is what I need to do.  I did copy the down load but do I go into skectch up to do the assignment

sjagla

• Examining
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 05:46:24 pm »
Hi Theresa,
Yes, you will complete this assignment in SketchUp.  The video will walk you through the steps, but be sure you are also reviewing the lecture.  There are other tutorials on working with SketchUp there.

Is this the information you need to get going?  Let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks for your question!
Sheila

Federica78

• Learner
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 11:34:29 am »
Hi,
I have also trouble opening up my classmates skp files.
I did saved them in downloads and even removed the txt extension that automatically appears but even then it tells me that the version of sketchup that was used to create the file is newer that mine. So I check for web updates but says I have the latest version.. I'm confused now!
Help!

sjagla

• Examining
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 09:42:15 am »
Hi Federica78,
Without seeing the specific file, I'm not certain what will work.  One thing to try is right clicking on the link, instead of the usual left click.  In the right click menu choose 'save link as' or the similar option.  You will need to specify a save location.  From there you should be able to open the file from your computer.  It should not add that TXT extension this way.

Let us know!
Sheila