squemish

Author Topic: Line scales in Viewports  (Read 1770 times)

Luv4Design

• Learner
Line scales in Viewports
« on: March 30, 2014, 11:52:02 pm »
When I open up a viewport, the dashed lines and the insulation pattern get lost.  I tried "regenerating" the lines but nothing seems to happen.  What could possibly be the problem? How can I troubleshoot this?  Thank you.

narboscello1

Re: Line scales in Viewports
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 01:22:34 pm »
Can you please post your drawing here so that we can see it?
It would also be helpful to know what course you are working with this issue?
I have attached a tip I post in my classroom when I teach ID221. It works with the batting line and the hidden line types. You need to do this twice- once for the batting and once for the line types.
Another item to look at is the line type scale. Sometimes it needs to be set differently in paper space than in model. I have attached a second tip for this.
Please let us know if this works, and if not, post your drawing here.
Thanks,
Nina

Luv4Design

• Learner
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 04:03:38 pm »
Thank you so much for such a quick response.  I am taking Drawing Technology and I previously took ID221 and this was an issue I was not able to fix. I did change the scale on the paperspace layout and the model layout and that worked. So, it is okay for the model space and paper space to not match? Once again, thank you.

narboscello1

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 09:15:25 pm »
When I teach ID221, it is ok with me for them not to match. The reason is that you will plot from paper space and that is what the contractor needs to see properly.
I would recommend you check with your instructor however.
Glad to know it helped.