Author Topic: GAHL_Color  (Read 2796 times)

trosegutierrez

• Socratic
GAHL_Color
« on: March 15, 2014, 09:22:59 pm »
I am taking ID211 Lighting course.  My assignment requires me to identify luminaire lighting in CAD. I need help on how to add color to paperspace, when I print my paper space to adobe pdf I need my layers to be monochromatic, but also I need my luminaires lines filled with solid yellow. How do I do this?  I hope I this makes sense. ???
Any help would be wonderful!
Theresa Gahl

lwettergren

• Co-Director
  • Socratic
Re: GAHL_Color
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 08:14:11 am »
Please click on the demo for one way you can do this, hopefully it helps!

http://screencast.com/t/CJ0ixY1lpw

trosegutierrez

• Socratic
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 01:40:21 pm »
 ;D  ;D Thank you so much!!! This is going to look awesome for my upcoming assignment!  Thank you for taking the time to make a short tutorial video, very much appreciated!
Theresa Gahl

lwettergren

• Co-Director
  • Socratic
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 05:29:20 pm »
I am happy it helped!   ;D

trosegutierrez

• Socratic
Re: GAHL_PROBLEM WITH LUMINAIRE COVERING OTHER LAYERS
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 06:09:58 pm »
So everything worked with the luminaire color showing on a monochrome plot, however, my lighting is now covering up my other layers that are suppose to show through the lighting.  Any advice?
Thank you so much
Theresa Gahl

lwettergren

• Co-Director
  • Socratic
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 07:01:27 am »
Select the hatch or whatever is blocking the other elements, right click, go to Draw Order, and select send to back.  You can also set a transparency for a hatch which can help as well, just make sure you have plot transparency checked in the plot dialogue box.  Post again if this doesn't help.

trosegutierrez

• Socratic
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 09:50:07 am »
Worked perfectly....Thank you again! ;D
 I am having trouble with my work looking pixelated when I turn it into a pdf......any suggestions?  If it is not one thing its another! LOL
Thank you,
Theresa

lwettergren

• Co-Director
  • Socratic
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 05:07:54 pm »
It is possible that may have more to do with your settings in Adobe Acrobat.  Is your instructor commenting on it, or is it something just you have noticed?  Could you attach one of the affected pdfs so I can see what is happening?