squemish

Author Topic: Architectural Lettering  (Read 1619 times)

JDSwain

• Learner
Architectural Lettering
« on: September 02, 2014, 09:12:15 am »
Are there architectural letter drafting templates that you can buy? I have been straight edging all of my letters and numbers for many years, and it just seems to take much longer that is has to with the availability of templates for other lettering in the drafting section in art stores I have never seen one for this specific lettering. 

sjagla

Re: Architectural Lettering
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 02:46:16 pm »
Hi JDSwain,
I may not be the best person to answer your question on this, but it is my understanding that while there may be templates out there, templates generally are not used for hand lettering plans.  It would require a few different scales for the lettering, and all in all, I'm not positive that this approach would even be much of a time saver.  Perhaps another instructor can chime in on this one, too!

Sheila

narboscello1

Re: Architectural Lettering
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 07:00:37 pm »
JD Swain-
I agree with Professor Sheila. I do think there are templates for lettering, but I don't think they are used often. I have always learned and taught, that you use guidelines and straight edges (with a parallel rule or t square) to make the letters. Eventually you could get to the point of only needing guidelines. I have not achieved that status yet myself.
Thanks!
Nina