squemish

Author Topic: Scanning images  (Read 1549 times)

Iceonfire

Scanning images
« on: January 09, 2012, 10:43:46 pm »
I am brand new to Illustrator and have muddled through most of the assignments. Now I need to know the exact steps to scan images, crop them and then put two of them together on one artboard. I've tried to follow a couple of you Tube tutorials but you can't see exactly what they are doing when they use the shortcuts.

Kevin Jordan

Re: Scanning images
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 02:58:43 pm »
Hi Iceonfire - sorry you did not get a reply to this question. I happened to see it as I was looking through the threads. You can find some tutorials on scanning if you look under Photoshop. That is really more related to Photoshop than it is to Illustrator. You can re-size images in Illustrator simply by using the bounding box - that box that appears around the images. Pull from the handle on one corner, but be sure to hold down shift at the same time to ensure that the correct image proportions will be maintained. I think it is a better habit to re-size images in Photoshop however, using the Image Size tool found under image menu. Then, paste your images into Illustrator and use the Move tool to place them where you like. I realize the class you were in is probably over at this point, but I hope this information is helpful anyway.

I'm doing a workshop this Saturday, Feb 11, related to these very topics - you are welcome to attend. Email me at kjordan@aii.edu if you would like more information.