Author Topic: Angles?  (Read 1848 times)

laurindamoore

• Learner
Angles?
« on: February 06, 2015, 08:27:46 pm »
Is there an easy way to make sure that all of my angles are correct?

snowak

• Professor
  • Socratic
Re: Angles?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 01:15:44 pm »
Hi Lurinda:

Your question was very brief...It is difficult to know exactly what you are trying to do and how I might be able to help you based on what you have written?

Are you hand drafting? Or using AutoCAD?....and what angles are you trying to achieve? What class are you in currently?....The more information you can give us here in the Help Forum, the more efficiently we can help you. I will guess that you are hand drafting, since you have not posted in one of the AutoCAD threads....

If you are hand drafting, then to create hand drafted angles, you will need to have an adjustable triangle. To keep the angles "correct" you need to work on a proper drafting table with a parallel bar or a T-square that is very stable. You can keep a parallel bar steady by turning the screws on the right and left to lock the bar into place. With a T-Square, you can check that it is placed directly against the side of your drafting table and check that the screws are tight and it does not "wiggle" as you work.

Another tool for checking hand drafted angles is a compass. You can place it against your parallel bar or T-square and measure the angle of the line you have drafted by looking at the markings for the degrees along the outer edge of the circular portion of the compass tool....

I hope I have guessed correctly at what your question may be...If I have not, please be sure to post back with more information so that we can help further!

laurindamoore

• Learner
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 12:55:33 am »
Yes, thank you. It was for hand drafting and I was just looking to find if there is a simple way to make sure any 45 degree or other non horizontal or vertical straight lines. You have answered my question sorry if it was too brief. And thanks again.

DrCPriest

• Co-Director
  • Socratic
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:56:18 am »
Just to further the conversation, here is a nice video on using triangles on a T-square or parallel rule. She shows how to use triangles with set angles like a 30/60/90, and an adjustable triangle: http://youtu.be/5lPJa6OQz4g