Author Topic: Rendering advice  (Read 1371 times)

Federica78

• Learner
Rendering advice
« on: March 02, 2015, 03:56:35 pm »
Hello,
I would like to improve my renderings and I would love to receive your advice.
 I used ink and professional markers.

Thank you so much for your time!
Federica

DrCPriest

• Co-Director
  • Socratic
Re: Rendering advice
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 02:59:10 pm »
You have an excellent hand with the marker techniques already, these were very enjoyable to look at, and I appreciate you posting these illustrations. You have a good eye for detail as well and the shading techniques are a great approach for showing lighting and give a good sense of contrast. We get a very nice sense of the designs through these illustrations.

Where I see you could make additions to your techniques would be on the addition richer or deeper colors and creating even more contrast with illustrating the effect light has on a space (my personal preference is to always try and work from white to almost black on every illustration).

Here is a brief series of videos showing marker and pencil techniques, they do show some ideas for mixing colors, layering colors and gray marker to create depth, and ideas on lighting and shading effects: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL70E6545B5DEA7251

Some illustrators work with a lighter approach, but I enjoy the apparent visual movement that is created with these techniques.