Author Topic: Moving drawing from MODELSPACE to PAPERSPACE  (Read 3227 times)

klitza09

• Learner
Moving drawing from MODELSPACE to PAPERSPACE
« on: March 04, 2015, 06:58:21 pm »
I looked through the F1 help already and tried what they suggested for moving from model space to paper space and it didn't work. According to the F1 help I should select the subject I wanted to move then select the change space button under modify. The command tab told me "command not allowed in model space." Am I doing it wrong? Thanks

lwettergren

• Co-Director
  • Socratic
Re: Moving drawing from MODELSPACE to PAPERSPACE
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 05:53:22 pm »
What are you trying to move from modelspace to paperspace?  Really the only things that belong in paperspace are the title blocks and the viewports, and possibly schedules and legends.  If you are trying to move one of these items, I would try a clipboard cut and paste.  Select the item, right click, go to Clipboard, select cut, go into paperspace and right click, go to Clipboard, select paste.  However, if it is not one of these items, use a viewport to see a view of it in paperspace.

snowak

• Professor
  • Socratic
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 01:26:20 pm »
Hi Klitza 09:

You may also want to keep in mind that if you are moving an object from model space to paper space, the object you are moving will be very large on your page.

For example, if you had created a legend or schedule in model space that measures 20 feet long by 30 feet high in model space, and you want to place the legend or schedule instead on your paper on your layout page (in paper space), the paper you are using is going to be much smaller than the legend. You may b e working with a layout page size of 18" x 24" for example....and if so, if you are copying and pasting a legend that is 20' x 30' from model space into paper space, your legend will be so very large that it will be many times larger than your paper!

It would be the same thing for other objects like furniture or symbols or anything else that you have in model space. A chair in model space is at full scale for example, perhaps 24" x 24" in size...so if you were to copy and paste it onto you paper in paper space, it will be larger than your paper....

Just a precaution, when you paste something onto your paper from model space, you may need to scale it down to have it look proportional on your page. You may also not see it when you past it in....if it is "ultra large"...it may be so large that it is appearing far out in space beyond your drawing.

If you do not see whatever element you paste in, you may want to use the ZOOM ALL command while you are in paper space to identify where the object has been pasted.

If you can try to give us more information about what you are trying to do, what class you are in, and what assignment you are working on, that always helps us to help you more thoroughly!....Good luck with the copy/paste!...we are here if you have any more questions!

KatG68

• Learner
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 10:38:52 am »
Hello my name is Katrin and this is exactly where I have been stuck all class!  I am currently taking INTA103. When I copy and paste my plans were too large at first. No one could tell me what the problem was. I then changed the scale and now they are too small. I have no idea how to get them on the page in the correct scale. Can you please help me?

lwettergren

• Co-Director
  • Socratic
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 09:51:54 am »
Hi Katrina.  I know we went back and forth via email yesterday, and I believe we got your question about creating the sheet and adding a scaled viewport covered through the demos I sent.  If you are still having trouble, please post here again, and we are happy to provide additional information