squemish

Author Topic: AutoCad Elevation rendered in photshop for lighting plan  (Read 1228 times)

DKDesigns

• Socratic
AutoCad Elevation rendered in photshop for lighting plan
« on: April 15, 2015, 02:48:32 pm »
OK I'm clueless as to how to go about moving my elevations from AutoCad to photoshop so I can show show the lumen distribution of each luminaire in the elevation?  ??? Hopefully someone can explain to me how to do this...
Thank you
Donna

DrCPriest

• Co-Director
  • Socratic
Re: AutoCad Elevation rendered in photshop for lighting plan
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 09:39:08 am »
Hi Donna, there are a couple of options. The most simple, create a screenshot of the elevation and then paste into Photoshop (you do not always get the best quality image though).
A bit more complicated method takes a few steps, but you will have a better quality image output.

Save the DWG file as a PDF file (in an open file, use the "Export" command, not a "Print" command). OR, from the closed file, right-mouse click on the file and select "Convert to Adobe PDF."
Open the PDF and select the image of the elevation (you may be able to click on it or you may have to draw a marquee around the area.
Right-mouse click on the selected image and select Copy.
Open Photoshop and paste the image.

This usually works and provides you with a clean image to work from for the rendering you are planning.

Let us know if this works or if you need anything else.