Author Topic: Text not showing up in Door and Window Tags  (Read 473 times)

tonyia

• Learner
Text not showing up in Door and Window Tags
« on: July 16, 2016, 11:07:17 am »
I tried using the technique given from the furniture tag question in the Need Help section but I had no luck fixing my issue.   Please help.  I have attached my assignment.

snowak

• Professor
  • Socratic
Re: Text not showing up in Door and Window Tags
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 03:15:11 pm »
Hi Tonyia:

Thanks for your question...and also thanks for your file. I have been looking at your file and the window and door tags seem to have the shape and the tags included with the tags as attributes, and they seem to be correct in format, but no text showing within them in model space or paper space.... I was able to  see the shape of the hexagons and circles, but not the tag numbers/letters.

I haven't found the reason why this is happening, and suspected that it had to do with either your text style or the annotative scaling, but after checking on both, everything still looks correct to me. You also have the style  matching correctly with the ID Standards file.

As a way to work around this for now, what you can do is use the EXPLODE command (type EXPLODE at the command prompt) and explode the window and door tags that you have created, and then EXPLODE them a second time, which releases the "tag" attribute. You'll see that once you explode twice, the name "tag number" will show up, and you can then simply edit the text. To edit the text type in DDEDIT at the command prompt (this is the text edit command), and then click on the text and type in the number you need for your window or door tag.

Once you explode the tags, you will see that they turn black, and they will then be on the 0 layer, so you will need to move them back onto your A-Anno- Dims layer. The quickest way to do this is to use the MATCHPROP command.

Type MATCHPROP at the command prompt
Click on one of your dimensions
Next click on the window and door tags you wish to change

They will then move to the A-Anno-Dims layer and you'll see them turn blue.

This is what I would suggest for now. If I can find any more information regarding the root cause of this problem, I will post again here for you! I hope that helps you work around it for your class...

snowak

• Professor
  • Socratic
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 03:54:26 pm »
Hi Tonyia:

This tutorial might also be of help to you regarding your tags...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZM94Mz5z0I&list=PL2CmPHQ4fKrZnVHJdOHtGKev9QmBgNU0W&index=8

tonyia

• Learner
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 04:08:53 pm »
The video directions is what I used to set up my tags but for some reason it still didn't show properly.   The double explode technique worked!  So that is great, thank you so much!!   Hopefully I can figure out how to make it work without exploding because it is very time consuming.   Thank you for all of your help.

snowak

• Professor
  • Socratic
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 04:17:31 pm »
You're very welcome Tonyia!

It's a bit mysterious though...I haven't been able to find out why things didn't work normally for you, but I will continue to see if I can discover the reason. If I find out anything new I will post again here for you! Glad the suggestion worked!

tonyia

• Learner
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 04:25:40 pm »
I appreciate the help and future assistance.  I am glad it worked too,  :)!