Author Topic: AutoCad help  (Read 350 times)

hassantk

• Learner
AutoCad help
« on: June 07, 2016, 03:55:19 pm »
How can I hide the specific layers when plotting in Autocad?

snowak

• Professor
  • Socratic
Re: AutoCad help
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 09:20:32 pm »
Hi Hassan:

Layers are a great feature in Autocad that allows us to organize information and manipulate it for use while drafting and plotting. To set a layer so that it does not plot there are two main methods.

The first is used if you do not want the layer to be plotted for any and all layout pages. An example of this is your VIEWPORTS layer, which you will want to set to " do not plot" for every layout page. To turn off a layer for plotting on every layout page, type in Layer at the command prompt and open your layer manager ( or select " layer properties" from the ribbon). Look for the PLOT column and click on the little printer icon for the VIEWPORTS layer. You'll get a red circle crossing over the icon and from that point in the layer will not plot...

The second way is used if you want to turn off a layer for plotting in one viewport specifically, while not impacting any other VIEWPORTS. To set this, click inside of the viewport you want to work with to make it "current". Then open your layer manager (same process as above) and look for the VP FREEZE column. Click on the sun icon for the layer you want to freeze, turning it to a snowflake. That layer will now not be visible inside of just the current viewport.

To see a demonstration tutorial on both of these options, check the notes I've placed in class at the top of the assignment thread, or my tutorials file in doc sharing.

Hope this helps you work with your layers!