squemish

Author Topic: Perspective drawing help  (Read 1500 times)

JennTerry

Perspective drawing help
« on: May 23, 2012, 03:02:09 pm »
I understand that (almost)all lines in a perspective drawing will be horizontal, vertical or disappear into the vanishing point...but what about when they don't?  I had two rough spots on the attached drawing.  I had ceiling panels that hang 12" lower in the back than the front.  For these I made a second vanishing point because I knew all of the lines would still be in relation to each other.  Was that the right way to go about it?  Should there have been a "formula" for knowing where to put that additional vanishing point?  The second rough spot for me was the desk chair in the foreground.  I had trouble "seeing" it and I couldn't just follow the formula of vertical/horizontal lines.  Thanks for your help!

DrCPriest

• Co-Director
  • Socratic
Re: Perspective drawing help
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 08:30:42 am »
You absolutely did this correctly, the angled panels on the ceiling seems at the correct angle and the base of the office chair is accurately handled. Excellent work on this perspective! You seem to have a very good eye on how to use vanishing points and draw awkward shapes in perspective - trust your instinct!