squemish

Author Topic: Perspective drawing and horizon line  (Read 1512 times)

sarahbhutta

Perspective drawing and horizon line
« on: October 02, 2012, 01:27:16 pm »

Hi,
I have been struggling getting the perspective from a normal eye level and keeping proportions of furniture accurate. Invariable end up with a top down view. I also need suggestions on using markers for rendering the sketches, these are supposed to be quick sketches which should not take more than 10 minutes, but I'm spending hours on them (does not look like it I know).
I am attaching a PDF with two rooms for ID 250 - and really need some guidance! I tried to rework this is second attachment after watching the tutorials it seems better but can't seem to get the table and chairs in proportion to room and each other. It's a rough sketch.
Thanks,
Sarah Bhutta

DrParicio

• Professor
  • Socratic
Re: Perspective drawing and horizon line
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 06:32:22 am »
Hello,

Please take a look at this long video that will show you how to improve on your sketches. Also, I encourage you to visit my website, www.renderinginteriors.com as that will show you many interesting rendering techniques. This is the video you want to watch: http://screencast.com/t/0mTjmSpr

Best regards,

Dr. Paricio

sarahbhutta

Re: Perspective drawing and horizon line
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 09:26:58 am »
Thank you so much Dr. Paricio!
Make it look so easy... Te mystery 'wall' is actually a couple of cables with pictures suspended in between on the opening of a stair well. I will apply your suggestions and see if I can make the perspectives make better sense.
Sarah Bhutta