Author Topic: Help with perspective drawings for History of Furniture Ancient to 1830  (Read 1898 times)

tracytuma

My instructor suggested getting feedback from the help forum on my sketches for my class. Any help is appreciated. I have attached my drawings as part of a power point presentation.

Thank you!
Tracy Tuma

mgc95621

• Professor
  • Examining
  • AIP Faculty
Re: Help with perspective drawings for History of Furniture Ancient to 1830
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 07:19:10 pm »
Tracy, overall the drawings are very good and you show good definition and detail.  The perspective is quite strong overall but I see that you have a few issues with your proportions for the trestle table  could be improved by using a perspective grid and and making blocks of your sections in perspective.  For example, for the trestle table the proportion for the trestle sections are not correct and please review my markup.  Overall, your drawing shows good detail but I would focus in on a stronger outline and go easy on the texture.  Many times in drawing less is more.  I'm attaching a handout on drawing furniture in perspective and I'm also attaching a link to showing you how to draw a perspective grid.  This should help you in your future endeavors in the class. I think overall your drawing skills are quite good and I've taught this class and I wish that I had students that draw as well as you do so feel happy in your in accomplishments and keep striving to improve.

Here is a good tutorial on drawing a perspective grid.

http://donnayoung.org/art/perspective-one-point-grid.htm

All the best, Michael Grefe
Michael S. Grefe M.ARCH M.F.A. IDEC

The Art Institute of Pittsburgh
Online Division
Full Time Faculty | Interior Design
mgrefe@aii.edu

mgc95621

• Professor
  • Examining
  • AIP Faculty
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 07:23:52 pm »
Tracy, here are some additional handouts you might like.
Michael S. Grefe M.ARCH M.F.A. IDEC

The Art Institute of Pittsburgh
Online Division
Full Time Faculty | Interior Design
mgrefe@aii.edu

DrParicio

• Professor
  • Socratic
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 03:05:41 pm »
Tracy,

This is Prof. Dr. Paricio, I have done a video that hopefully will help you understand how the perspective could be improved on all four drawings. Take a look at this link: http://screencast.com/t/rhWbYbfpj

tracytuma

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 08:43:11 pm »
Thank you Prof. Dr. Parecio and Mr. Grefe! The information you provided is very helpful and I really appreciate the feedback.

Tracy