Author Topic: How To Re-size Original Image In Photoshop?  (Read 1484 times)

focusedphoto

How To Re-size Original Image In Photoshop?
« on: October 02, 2014, 12:28:57 am »
I am in the printing class. I need to post the original image in Photoshop, the Histogram, and two printer windows. The printer windows will not allow me to make them smaller. How do I re-size the original image smaller and move it to the upper corner of the screen so that I can fit all the required windows in the screen?

Thank You,
focusedphoto

Damon Sauer

• Global Moderator
Re: How To Re-size Original Image In Photoshop?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 11:25:26 am »
Hi Focusedphoto,
Thanks for the question.  I'm not entirely sure if I am understanding your question correctly, but it sounds like you are attempting to make a screenshot that includes a number of different assets on the screen at the same time.  If that is the case, you should be able to resize the photoshop window itself in order to adjust for the two printing dialogue boxes.  You can do this by, first ensuring that you are using Photoshop with the application frame (at the bottom of the Window menu .... Note that you may not have this option if you are on a Windows machine).  Then, you want to be sure that you are in the 'standard' screen mode (View menu > Screen Mode).  Once you have Photoshop setup in this way, you can simply resize the application frame on your display.

Alternately, you might want to consider making separate screenshots and combining them as a single pdf.  Or, if the requirements are such that you need them all to be in one view, you could make separate screenshots and then create a composite image by pasting all of the separate screenshots into a single (layered) Photoshop file.  You could use the transform command (Edit Menu > Transform > Scale) to help you size things (though be sure to hold the shift key so that nothing gets distorted).

In any case, either method should get you the results that you need.  Naturally, if I've misunderstood the nature of your question, please add a bit more detail to your question and I'd be happy to try to help you out.
Thanks,
Damon
Damon Sauer
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh
Online Division
Full-Time Faculty  |  Photography