squemish

Author Topic: Lighting equiptment  (Read 916 times)

AngelWhitehead

Lighting equiptment
« on: January 11, 2016, 02:54:00 pm »
is this listing approprite for the lighting class? do I need more?
http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00FSCYAHE?psc=1

StudioPRO 200W/s Two Strobe 20"x28" Softbox 33" Umbrella Kit & Carrying Case

Traeton Garl

• Global Moderator
    • Traeton Garl Photography
Re: Lighting equiptment
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 03:42:52 pm »
Hi AngelWhitehead,

The lighting kit you linked to is below the minimum specifications required for the photography program.  The monolights from your link are each 100 Watt Seconds in flash output (WS) and each has 75 watt modeling lights.  Many times kits list the total output of all the lights combined, so it is important to look at the specifications of each monolight,  For our program, each monolight is required to be between 320-640 WS in flash output and the modeling lights must be at least 150 watts or more.  We offerer a database that includes details listing requirements, specifications and specific requirements for your classes that should be available from your academic advisor, posted in home announcements in your photography classes and is also available at http://fms12-010-dca.oditech.com/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=PH_Equipment&-loadframes.  Ai also offers a lighting kit for students that includes three monolights, stands, modifiers and a light meter that meet the department requirements.  This kit can be purchased directly through B&H Photo with a student discount or you can discuss this with your financial aid advisor and if you qualify, it can be added to your tuition and would be shipped directly to you from B&H Photo.  If you have more questions or would like to discuss the lighting equipment in more detail, I would be happy to take the time and answer any questions you may have.  Simply email me through this site with your contact information and a good number to reach you at and I will give you a call.
Traeton Garl, M.F.A
Full Time Faculty
Photography / Studio
Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division