Author Topic: Lighting kit  (Read 2645 times)

Krystal Wilson

Lighting kit
« on: February 15, 2016, 01:29:44 pm »
Will this work for the lighting kit?  I'm new at this and am really not sure of equipment needed. I attached a jpeg of the kit I am looking at and just looking for some help on if it will work.  Thanks

Traeton Garl

• Global Moderator
    • Traeton Garl Photography
Re: Lighting kit
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 02:15:53 pm »
Hi Krystal,

The kit you showed here is below the minimum requirements for our program. In this kit, each strobe is 200 Watt Seconds (WS) with 50 Watt modeling lights. The minimum requirement for each light is 320WS or more of flash power with 150W or greater for modeling lights. You can explore more of the details within our equipment database available from this link:  http://fms12-010-dca.oditech.com/fmi/iwp/cgi?-db=PH_Equipment&-loadframes.  Ai also offers a lighting kit for students through B&H Photo that includes three monolights, stands, modifiers and a light meter that meet the department requirements for all of your photography classes.  This kit can be purchased directly through B&H Photo with a student discount through the book store or you can discuss this with your financial aid advisor and if you qualify, it can be added to your tuition and would be shipped directly to you from B&H Photo.  If you have more questions or would like to discuss the lighting equipment in more detail, I would be happy to take the time and answer any questions you may have.  Simply email me through this site with your contact information and a good number to reach you at and I will give you a call.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 06:12:54 pm by Traeton Garl »
Traeton Garl, M.F.A
Full Time Faculty
Photography / Studio
Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division