Author Topic: Help, Quick. ButtonLinks and ActionScript  (Read 2309 times)

Jitsiereveld

Help, Quick. ButtonLinks and ActionScript
« on: February 20, 2013, 07:32:21 pm »
I have been working on a Flash site for my class.  After struggling with the Splash page I finally cleaned it up and wrote new script to load the home page as a new swf with a working skip button too.  This is nice cause this way I can just make each page and link them to the correct buttons or so I thought.  Now none of the animation or links seem to be working and I don't seem to have any error messages.  I decided to combine the pages into the one homepage that is linked to the splash page to make it easy and still nothing?  I don't know whats going on with it and it's due tonight.  Can anyone help me???  I will send whatever you need I just don't want to upload more than I need too and it take forever so let me know.

Thanks,
Jeffrey

dudelively

• Global Moderator
  • Dr. Dude
Re: Help, Quick. ButtonLinks and ActionScript
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 08:09:14 pm »
Go ahead and zip up all the files that you are using and either post them or email them to me at jlively@aii.edu.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Dr. Dude
Jason Dude Lively

Jitsiereveld

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 10:23:05 pm »
Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner Dr. Dude ("I like that"),

After I continued to tinker with my AS, trying to figure out what is going on, it started working.  That was really frustrating and I don't even know what I did to fix it. I didn't even notice anyone replied to this until just thinking of it now.  It was probably right about the time you posted your response that things started working.  Since this turned out pointless, I would remove the post all together if I knew how.

Thanks for the effort, and again I'm sorry I didn't respond fast enough.

Jeffrey

P.S.  There is one other thing now that my project is working correctly.  Is there a way to re-size everything for the Flash Player?  My stage is set at 1024 x 768 and I have received feedback that it's too big for other students monitors.  I have a good idea how to change this size in HTML, but no idea how I could adjust the size for the SWF.  Is there an option like in Photoshop or Illustrator where you can set the "Image Size"???  I will upload the Splash FLA and SWF for you to play with since it is the same size for each page.

P.S.S.  It seems odd that when I re-size the Flash Player to make the SplashProject.swf larger on my screen (even all the way to full screen) that I am able to see the content that is off the stage.  If you look at the FLA you will see I have the edges of the table hanging off the sides (to save time on the animating).  Any ideas for that?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:09:27 pm by Jitsiereveld »

dudelively

• Global Moderator
  • Dr. Dude
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 08:42:42 pm »
I'm glad you fixed your problem.
As for the size issue.
Try adjusting the publish settings to that the Flash file is set to 100% in the browser.
Dr. Dude
Jason Dude Lively

Jitsiereveld

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 04:01:42 pm »
I haven't tried the publish setting adjustment yet, I will later today when I start working on more of that project.  One quick question to that though.  Is the only publish setting that I can control the size of the finished product in HTML?  Is there a way to change the publish settings for the flash player SWF format?

Thanks for the help, I greatly appreciate it.

dudelively

• Global Moderator
  • Dr. Dude
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 08:34:15 pm »
The SWF is intended to be embedded. If you need a stand-alone format, consider adjusting the canvas size and then outputting as an air document. If this is to be a banner for a website, you'll need to embed the SWF into an HTML document.
Dr. Dude
Jason Dude Lively

Jitsiereveld

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 08:42:27 pm »
Ok, thank you very much for the responses.  It's just a project for this class but if it was to be used further it would be published as HTML.  Most of the people that have checked out the project have said it was too big.  I wasn't publishing for HTML, just SWF but I will do that.

I just finished up my psychology homework for today and tomorrow (last short week of classes) so I will have all day tomorrow (after work of course) to work on this Flash.

Thanks again.  If I have any other question I will post them. 

Do you happen to have a LinkedIn account or another way that we could possibly network for future references?  My email is jitsiereveld@gmail.com if you want to go ahead and look me up.