Author Topic: Cannot Get Site Online  (Read 1835 times)

MissChelsea

Cannot Get Site Online
« on: January 09, 2012, 05:22:38 pm »
I cannot get the site to link up to Dreamweaver. Everything says it's linked up but when I go to the site, it's still the same "dummy" site and nothing has changed. I've cleared my cache. I've made all my files lower case without spaces and on the desktop. All signs point to yes but I still see nothing I've created online.

What am I doing wrong?

erikkross

• Global Moderator
    • Personal Blog with Classroom Tutorials
Re: Cannot Get Site Online
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 05:39:20 pm »
Can you take screenshots of your Dreamweaver FTP settings so we can review what you have setup? You can upload them here to this discussion thread.
Erikk Ross
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Online Division
Web Design and Interactive Media
Full Time Faculty
eross@aii.edu

achontos

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 09:50:18 am »
Yes, do take some screen shots of the the Dreamweaver pages that you are encountering.  Also, please describe the process you are taking (each step you are taking).  Thanks!

MissChelsea

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 06:22:05 pm »
I think I've figured it out... does it help to NOT have the file open when you're trying to sync it up with the server?

Another question.... So the "dummy" site is still on there and I can manipulate it, kind of like a template. Can I just delete all the files in there and start over or should I keep the tons of files/images/etc. that are in the public_html folder?