Author Topic: Dreamweaver Site RE set up  (Read 1714 times)

shulamis

Dreamweaver Site RE set up
« on: May 29, 2012, 01:21:39 pm »
Hi

Unfortunately my hard drive was wiped clean and I have to start again. I want to start my site connections so it will be the same as I already have. I actually tried to look for the information on my laptop, but for some reason that was also gone. I have name my site on my computer the same as last time. I have already followed the directions on how to set up a site again and have used the same name. How can I tell if this is connecting to what I had originally set up?

I also noticed that the  remote server site doesn't have the name AIO Student Site on the folder, I thought it should show this. Am I mistaken?

Also can the student webspace handle a CMS like wordpress or nuggetz? I want to add this one of my sites for Senior Project

Thanks
Shulamis

JennaSetticasi

• Global Moderator
Re: Dreamweaver Site RE set up
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 04:12:41 am »
After creating the new site definition you can go to Window > Files and then click on connect (two plugs) and make sure Remote Server is selected from the drop-down. Just check and see that you're in the folder you want to be in on your Webspace, and if not, change the root directory in your site definition to the correct folder (leaving it blank will take you to the public_html folder). The host name does not matter. I am pretty sure, but not positive, that Prof. Erikk Ross has had WordPress set up on his Webspace account. You might want to start a new topic to ask that and I am sure he'll respond.
Jenna Setticasi
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh | Online Division
Associate Professor, Web Design and Interactive Media

shulamis

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 11:22:18 pm »
Thanks Jenna

I went on to my webspace and the files look the same. I am not sure how some of these got on there in the first place. For example asp folder. are there certain files that automatically come with the webspace?

Shulamis

Dawn Hawkins

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 09:36:54 am »
Shulamis, yes, there are certain folders such as asp and cgi_bin that come on the web space already, you will notice the same thing occurs when you use external hosting companies.