Author Topic: Draft for informative essay  (Read 1198 times)

lynx978

Draft for informative essay
« on: October 09, 2013, 08:24:11 pm »
I would appreciate some proofreading and I ABSOLUTELY NEED HELP with citing a web site. I read everything I could find and came away so confused. In my essay I used the abbreviation (NEMDIS) for the web site I used. Additionally I know if we get information from an interview we have to site it but I am unsure how to site this as well. My wife has this disease and through many doctors we have come to know quite a bit about the subject. The main use of the research was to double check spelling and our knowledge.
Thank you John

kbutler

Re: Draft for informative essay
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 11:25:14 pm »
Hi John,

I am terribly sorry for the delay in reply. Please find my feedback attached. In terms of citing the Web site, did you happen to view the Tip of the Week on how to cite a site? This walks you through the steps necessary. Also, you should have access to the reference guide for your 1010 class. Citation is like a math problem: you just have to follow the formula shown and plug in the information you have.

So, for a Web site, the formula is as follows:

Name of the author. Title of the Site. Sponsor, Date of publication. Medium. Date of access.

Here is an example of one with a corporate author:

United States. Environmental Protection Agency. Drinking Water Standards. EPA, 8 July 2004. Web. 24 Jan. 2006.

So, just use the information from your source and plug it into the formula, maintaining the punctuation.

For an interview, the formula is as follows:

Name of the person interviewed. Type of Interview. Date of interview.

Here is an example:

Smith, John. Personal Interview. 11 Aug. 2013.

Easy Peasy :).

I hope this helps!

Kate