squemish

Author Topic: Rough Draft W1A3  (Read 681 times)

theweaponxjamie

Rough Draft W1A3
« on: December 20, 2013, 06:45:02 pm »
  Out of the three different chooses I had to pick the only one that calls for my attention is
is my amazing mother. She is the most effective force in my life that calls for a recount of events
and memories that have had the biggest impression in my life.
     Even though my mother didn't raise me and my father did, my mother, Gloria Duncan has impacted
things in my life more then if she had. That's just my opinion. My father, James Waring may he rest
 in peace did an amazing job with raising me and teaching me the main goal of all others, to love your
children unconditionally.
   There isn't enough time for me to explain all the things that I have learned from this amazing woman
but I can write down a few great moments and lessons learned. One thing that stands out the most is
being taught how to be a real father by a woman. I don't say that as if a woman can't teach a man how to
be a father because that would be a lie.
    My mother is a Christian, born and raised. I'm not a religious man by any since of the word but I do
believe in my heart that's what made her the strong woman she is today. I have 3 boys 15, 8, and 7. They
are the most precious things to me in this world and I love them more then life itself.
    I've had to leave with my mother off and on a few times in my life when thing got a bit rough for me
and when I had no other choice. After I was an adult she has always been there for me when I needed her
even when it came to tough love. The main point my mom hammered into my head after I had children is that
a real man takes care of his children on a consistent basis. Over the years I've learned how to be a dad
through trial and error but the best lessons from my mothers experiences.
   I actually use to get angry when she use to fuss at me and try to tell me what it takes and means to
 be a real man. But after I made a heartfelt decision to stop being argumentative and start being
obedient to the wisdom she was imparting into me, I became a better father and son then I've ever been.
It's ironic, the same thing my mother was telling me half my life for the most part I hear myself telling
my oldest son the same things. When he argues back with me I understand all the more why it's important
for a child to do more listening then talking. You can't learn from someone when your talking and their
 talking at the same time.
    When I heard that "a woman can't teach a boy to be a man" I use to believe and repeat the same thing.
But my mother has gone above and beyond to show me that is a complete untruth. If it wasn't for my mother
being such a powerful force in my life I wouldn't be the man, son, and father I am today. And I have to
say, I'm a pretty darn good dad!